The most important information about the Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
|Name||Doctorate in Business Administration DBA|
|Academic degree||The academic doctoral degree by doctorate corresponds to the highest level (level 8) of the German Qualifications Framework (DQR), the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and the international ISCED-2011 of UNESCO.|
|Language||German or English|
|Credit Points||120 Credit Points (CP) according to ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)|
|Model||Part-time postgraduate university study program|
|Degree||Doctoral thesis (Thesis) and oral colloquium (defense)|
|Number of modules||12|
|Start / Place of study||4th Cohort 2024 (German), Wiltz Castle, Luxembourg|
|Admission requirements||Master's degree and several years of professional experience or sustainable proof of special professional competencies according to VAE.|
|Payment modalities||One-time payment; 3 installments of € 11.000.|
About the program
What benefits do I get from this degree program?
- Advanced training in compact seminar form
- Important management subjects (economics, law firm/personnel management, business law, ethics) in a balanced combination, 120 ECTS
- Taking advantage of the Bruges/Copenhagen process at the university level. This is because DTMD doctoral students build on their undergraduate master's degree or equivalent (state examination, diploma, master's degree in economics, social sciences, law) for the DBA.
- Publication level of the doctoral thesis (publication series): Notoriety and reputation in professional circles.
What are the highlights?
- Integrated advancement continuing education in the program, combined with references to medicine.
- International networking among colleagues and professors
- Individual supervision of the scientific doctoral process. DBA doctoral theses are practically usable and applicable: Usability of professional knowledge and skills at university level.
- Multi-eye quality management in teaching and research: Continuous and close documentation of the discussions between the doctoral students, the management of the Doctoral School and the supervising professor..
Why should I do the doctorate at DTMD?
- Choice of topics on own initiative and in close coordination with supervisors
- Integration into the research landscape of the respective supervisor
- Benefits of digital learning and teaching as well as research activities
- System of academic "checks and balances", pedagogical-adapted concept: no bullying, but always support and consideration for professional activity of all doctoral students.
- The most important thing at the end: Internationally recognized accreditation of your doctorate.
Let the evaluation report of the accreditation agency AHPGS Freiburg i.Br. speak for our international procedure of the DBA itself (p. 38):
"Accredited is the part-time, part-time Doctorate in Business Administration program, which leads to the degree of Doctor/Doctrix in Business Administration (DBA)." The title can be used either in the original abbreviation form "DBA" or in the form "Dr." without subject and origin suffix in Germany. The doctoral program, which will be offered for the first time in the winter semester 2021/2022, comprises 120 credit points (CP) according to the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) and provides for a standard period of study of three years.
The initial accreditation shall be granted for a period of five years and shall end in accordance with sec. 3.2.4 of the "Rules for the Accreditation of Study Programs and for System Accreditation" (Drs. AR 20/2013 as amended on February 20, 2013) on September 30, 2027.
No conditions are imposed on the doctoral program.
This post is also available in: