This post is also available in: Deutsch
The most important information about the "Multibracket Technique" course
|Dentists, orthodontists, assistant dentists
|Number of modules
|2 x 3 days
|DTMD University Wiltz Castle,
The location of the classroom courses will be announced in due course depending on the number of participants (Hamburg, Luxembourg).
|€ 2.300 + 3% (TVA)
|One-time payment, due upon booking
|Participants who successfully complete the Multibracket Technique certificate course have the opportunity to receive a €1,000 discount for the Master (MSc) Orthodontics at DTMD University. Please note that this discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
Practical working course in 2 parts to learn the basic techniques with fixed appliances.
Aligner therapy is popular with patients and many treatment providers and is frequently performed. As a consequence, the limitations of this treatment system become apparent. To avoid side effects, it is important to differentiate between what can be done and what should not be done. For this, a minimum of diagnostics and attention to the basics of fixed treatment technique is essential. A minimum of diagnostics and attention to the basics of fixed treatment technique is presented. In addition to the selection of suitable bracket and wire materials and bonding methods from the sheer abundance of different bracket designs and ligation methods, the combination with archwires of different materials and dimensions is a mandatory prerequisite for the bonding of multi-bracket appliances. The success of the treatment and especially the duration (and painfulness) of the treatment depends decisively on which archwire is used and when.
The perfect positioning of brackets depending on the treatment task will be explained in theory and practice and practiced by hand, as well as the advantages of indirect compared to direct bonding.
After the "handle" for moving the teeth, ergo the bracket, has been bonded in the perfect position with clinically sufficient adhesive strength, the decision must be made as to which initial archwire and in which sequence further archwire changes should be made. We provide an overview - supported by instructional videos - of the advantages and disadvantages of various ligation methods. Despite perfect positioning, it may become necessary to introduce extra elements into the bow during the course of treatment: which pliers are suitable for which bows, as well as the bending in of steps and artistry will be covered.
At the end of each treatment, the brackets are removed atraumatically with subsequent enamel polishing in the sense of a restitutio ad integrum - so that even with magnifying glasses it should not be recognizable that a bracket was ever stuck there.
Because long-term stability is an essential goal, fixed retainers are used as standard in modern orthodontics, and their effectiveness is many times superior to that of removable appliances. Which techniques and with which materials will be discussed based on our own long-term studies.
To ensure that treatment with multibracket appliances does not lead to iatrogenic disadvantages, the focus is also placed on problem cases and how these can be recognized or avoided in good time.
Part 1 (01. - 03.09.2023)
1. Was geht besser mit Brackets als mit Alignern?
2. Multibracket-Apparatur: verschiedene Bracket-Systeme - was macht Sinn?
3. Direktes versus indirektes Kleben von Brackets
4. Bracketpositionierung inkl. Besonderheiten (Kinder, Erwachsene, Tief, Offen, 2er Aplasie o.ä.)
5. Praktische Übung: Brackets positionieren auf Modellen
6. Wie klebt man Brackets auf Keramik und Metallen
7. Wie erkenne ich Problemfälle — ganz ohne Diagnostik geht es nicht
8. Instrumente und Biegen
9. Approximale Schmelzreduktion - warum, wann und wie!
Part 2 (20. - 22.10.2023)
11. Behandlungsphasen als Grundlage einer effizienten Behandlung
12. Bogenmaterialien: der richtige Bogen in Relation zur Behandlungsphase und Aufgabe
13. Formgebung und Einbiegen besonderer Elemente in Drahtbögen — Biegeübungen
14. Ligieren: Gummi, Metall, Selbstligierende Systeme - mit praktischen Übungen
15. Behandlungssimulation am Typodonten
16. Kieferorthopädische Bänder - wann sind sie unverzichtbar!
17. Entfernen von Brackets und Bonding, Schmelzperfektionierung
18. Moderne, effiziente Retention — Materialien und Techniken